ARRIVAL TIME AND INSTRUCTIONS
Two days prior to your surgery you will be contacted with your arrival time and instructions indicating when you need to stop eating, drinking, and chewing gum before your surgery. It is important for you to follow these instructions or your surgery may be delayed or cancelled. If you have any questions please call 651.702.7417.
IMPORTANT: COVID-19 Testing Requirements: For details on required COVID-19 Testing, click here.
- A pre-operative physical must be performed by your family physician.
- Please schedule your exam as soon as possible. Your pre-operative physical must be completed within 30 days of your surgery. The examination form can be faxed to 651-259-2569.
- If you are on blood thinners (Coumadin, Warfarin, etc.) or anti-inflammatory medications you may need to discontinue them. Please check with your primary physician.
- If you are taking blood thinners, your surgeon may require you to have an INR drawn prior to surgery. Please check with your surgeon.
- If you are on insulin please check with your primary physician regarding your insulin dosage for the day of surgery and bring your insulin and diabetic supplies.
- Arrange to have a driver to pick you up and a responsible adult stay with you for 24 hours following surgery.
- Refrain from using alcohol or tobacco products 24 hours prior to surgery.
If you develop a cold, sore throat, infection and/or COVID symptoms please call us at 651.702.7417. If you have any questions prior to us contacting you, please call us at 651.702.7417 between 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
INSTRUCTIONS DAY OF SURGERY
- If recommended by your surgeon or your primary physician, certain oral medications may be taken with a sip of water the morning of your surgery.
- Shower or bathe the day of surgery using an antibacterial soap, giving your surgical site a five minute scrub if able. You do not need to do this scrub if you are having eye surgery. After you have showered or bathed do not use any hand or body lotion or alcohol-based hair products. Please do not wear any make-up or nail polish the day of surgery.
- Wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing that you will be able to easily take on and off and can fit over your bandage.
- Please wear your hearing aid(s).
- If you wear glasses or have contacts please bring your case.
- Leave jewelry and valuables at home, including all body piercings.
- Rings must be removed for all hand/arm /shoulder surgery.
- Cell phones are recommended for communicating with your caregiver and to use while waiting in clinical areas.
- You may brush your teeth the morning of surgery.
- COVID-19 Testing – All surgical patients (regardless of vaccination status) will be required to have a NEGATIVE COVID-19 test within 5 days of surgery date. A paper copy of this test result MUST be provided at time of check in or your surgery will be cancelled.
- It is recommended that you quarantine until the day of your surgery once you have had your COVID-19 test.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, regardless of whether you have symptoms, please call 651-702-7417 immediately.
- Limiting Visitors – Patients can have one person in attendance while at the facility. No other exceptions are allowed. If your caregiver will not be in attendance, patients will be asked for a phone number to contact your caregiver. We will utilize this phone number to contact your caregiver after your procedure and review discharge instructions. The physician may also contact your caregiver after the procedure. Click here for Visitors Request and Reminders.
- A paper copy of your negative COVID-19 test must be provided at time of check in at the waiting area on the second floor (Suite 235).
- Provide your insurance card and photo I.D.
- After surgery you will be taken to a post anesthesia care area for observation and recovery.
- Home instructions, verbally and written, will be given to you and your caregiver prior to your discharge. You will need to have your caregiver available in person or via phone to receive your discharge instructions.
- Prescriptions will need to be filled at a pharmacy of your choice.
- You will receive a follow up call the next business day to see how you are recovering. A message will be left if we are unable to contact you. Please contact us at 651.702.7417 if you have any questions.
If you wish to visit our facility for a tour before surgery, please call 651.702.7417 to set up an appointment.
- Only ONE parent is allowed to wait in the waiting area during surgery, this is required for ALL children under the age of 18 in case the medical team needs to contact you. When the surgery is complete the surgeon will meet with you to discuss your child’s procedure.
- Bring any comfort items for your child (blanket, toy, pacifier, etc.).
- Bring an empty bottle or sippy cup for after surgery.
OTHER HELPFUL INFORMATION
- Vending machines are located on the first floor. Please make plans for other dietary needs.
- If you are coming from out of town please call us at 651.702.7417 or 1.866.328.4490; we are happy to provide hotel phone numbers and locations.
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities, Advance Health Care Directives, and Privacy Practices information can be found here Patient Resources.
- Your healthcare provider is referring you to a facility in which certain healthcare providers have a financial or economic interest. A list of investors can be provided at your request.