Quality & Patient Safety »
High Pointe Surgery Center Quality Goals:
- Assure the delivery of patient care at an optimally achievable level of quality in a safe, professional, and cost-effective manner.
- Improve the quality of care provided through ongoing, objective and systematic measurement, analysis and improvement of performance.
- Maximize patient safety and minimize patient and organization risk of adverse occurrences.
- Advance awareness and knowledge of continuous quality improvement among administration, management and patient care providers.
- Educate personnel to facilitate and promote organization-wide philosophical commitment to quality care, service and leadership.
- Ensure that leadership and staff understand the tenets of quality improvement.
- Respond proactively to customer expectations and feedback concerning the quality of care delivered.
- Provide an efficient, competent and pleasant work environment for employees and physicians.
- Meet the needs of third party payors and maintain requirements for regulatory compliance and accreditation.
High Pointe Surgery Center’s number one priority is to provide surgical and recovery care in an environment that is safe for our patients and employees. High Pointe Surgery Center’s safety program focuses on improving patient, customer, and employee safety.
We have adopted JCAHO’s recommendations on correct site surgery protocol. Several staff will ask you to identify yourself, verify the correct spelling of your name, and the planned procedure. Please be patient with us. This is to assure quality, safe outcomes are achieved for every one of our patients.
Our goal is to provide you and your family with safe, comfortable, friendly and efficient care. You may also have other goals in mind. Please let us know how we can help you reach your goals. To accomplish these goals we:
- Promise to accurately identify you / your child as the intended patient.
- Will repeatedly verify the surgery / procedure that will be performed.
- Need to be aware of any medications (over the counter or prescribed) you currently take and if you have any allergies to medications and/or supplies.
- Will practice hand hygiene before and after every patient contact.
- Encourage you to ask questions as they arise during your care.
- Hope you ask questions and have a thorough understanding of your surgical care experience.
- Encourage your family / friends to be part of your surgical experience per you wishes.